"In order to free up current universal service money to fund a new Connect America Fund and additional Mobility Fund, the broadband plan proposes that the FCC phase out support for multiple voice providers over five years and that the Commission implement the voluntary commitments of certain wireless carriers that already have agreed to reduce their legacy support. It also proposes that current support be frozen; that the FCC consider moving rate-of-return companies to incentive regulation; and that the FCC adopt a framework for long-term intercarrier compensation reform that would create a glide path to eliminate per-minute charges over time"
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
- ► 2015 (11)
- ► 2014 (117)
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (104)
- ► 2011 (303)
06/06 - 06/13
- Council recommends 8 for Florida PSC appointments ...
- Sewage spills on Saluda tributary - Breaking News ...
- Senate turns back plan to block EPA rules - The Hi...
- Energy, Climate Change, but No Cap and Trade - Gre...
- Clyburn Asks States for USF reform Help | Benton F...
- Lexington County water, sewer bills rising - Local...
- ▼ 06/06 - 06/13 (6)